Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Misadventures in Atlanta Men are like taxis?

I not ashamed to admit that I am one of the army of women who is excited about Sex and the City 2 movie. Hey, don’t judge me! My love for that show pre-dates my taking on the fun role of dating blogger. We have the show Sex and the City to thank for my favorite dating analogy: Men are like taxis.

No, I don’t mean men are sometimes really smelly and slightly terrifying in New York. Although that one might apply too. I am referring to the theory that when a man is ready for, or open to, the possibility of a relationship he turns his taxi light on. If you happen to be the girl that hails the taxi while the light is on, you’ve got a possibility of a great and hopefully long ride (no pun intended naughty people!). If you get in a cab with the light off, it doesn’t really matter what you do, it’s just not going to go anywhere.

So basically, this analogy is the basis of every single woman’s dating life. How do you decide what kind of cab ride you’re on. If it were easy to see the light, we would all be talking about whales or golf right now.

Men, if you have a heart you will let us ladies know how to determine her guy’s taxi cab light: on (ready and open?) or dimmed (unsure?) or flashing (undecided)?

Are women like taxis too? I honestly don’t think I have turned my taxi cab light on properly. I am working on it though!

Ladies, do you think that men are like taxis? Will you go to see the movie Sex and the City 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment