Friday, March 12, 2010

Mackenzie Phillips now says sex with father was not consensual


Mackenzie was seen leaving her home and was picked up in a limo. She was accompanied by her black pet pug and seemed to be in a good mood as she smiled as she walked to the limo. Mackenzie has recently been in the headlines as she was allegedly raped as a child and had an incestuous relationship with her father.

Mackenzie Phillips says she no longer believes that having sex with her musician father was consensual.

Phillips, 50, shocked the showbiz world when she wrote in her autobiography last year that she had a sexual relationship with John Phillips of The Mamas & the Papas.

Phillips claimed in her book that it began the night before her first wedding when she was 19.

Now Phillips says has totally re-evaluated it.

Well, you know it is a very difficult word and was a very difficult word for me to wrap my mind around when I was writing the book,” she told CNN talkshow host Larry King.

I kept thinking ‘I am so not comfortable with this word’ as it did not seem to tell the right story.

But for want of a better word, I used the word ‘consensual’.

I have since been schooled by hundreds of thousands of survivors around the world and country that there is really no such thing as consensual incest.”

Asked about her half-sister Chynna Phillips, who has just been in rehab to treat anxiety, Mackenzie said: “She is doing great. She is home with her family and I feel like she did a great thing for herself and for all of us. I support her the way she supported me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment