Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Alessandra Ambrosio parades the body of a teenager as she shoots new Victoria's Secret bikini advert


Alessandra Ambrosio was once described as the 'future of modelling' by retired supermodel Tyra Banks.

The Brazilian beauty's one of the highest paid women in her field and was this week found shooting the latest Victoria's Secret catalogue in the Caribbean.

But in a bikini that seemed to be falling off her Size Zero frame, the 29-year-old model looked skinnier than ever - with the body of a young teenager.

In the pink: Alessandra Ambrosio looks super skinny as she models new Victoria's Secret bikinis on St Barts

The mother-of-one's curves were noticeably lacking as she modelled bikinis and swimsuits on the island of St Bart's over the weekend.

While the fashion industry seems set on using women with little shape, there are undoubtedly some men out there who might find the stance perplexing.

The brunette certainly isn't carrying an ounce of fat on her lithe physique and her pelvic bones were clearly visible at her hips.

Ambrosio admits she works out a lot ahead of a bikini shoot so she can looked as toned as possible.

She said: 'I have a personal trainer who created the Brazilian Butt Lift class that mixes capoeira and samba. It's fun but you're still doing squats and getting exercise.

'I did cardio after I had my daughter to get in shape again, but I usually don't do cardio other than walking on the beach. I'm not a fan of going into the gym and running on a treadmill. I would rather go for a hike.'

The Brazilian beauty is said to wear dress size six (US size two) and has a 34-25-34 figure.

Despite her skinny frame, Ambrosio has frequently spoken about her body image and sees herself as a curvy girl.

She said recently: 'I’m very lucky to work for a brand (Victoria's Secret) that wants women to be healthy. You need to be able to fill out the bra and the panties, so yes, I’m a curvier girl.'

Alessandra Ambrosio seen during a photo shoot in St Barthelemy

Ready for my close-up: Ambrosio poses for the photographer on the shore

Together with fellow slender Victoria's Secret models Miranda Kerr, Doutzen Kroes and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Prada caused a stir last month when they swapped the super skinny catwalk models for 'curvier' alternatives in a supposed stand against size zero.

She told HollywoodLife.com: 'I think most women relate more to models that have healthy curves which are also very sexy and feminine.

'Walking the Prada runway was such a great opportunity, and I had a lot of fun doing the show. I applaud Prada for doing something different and I hope other designers will follow the trend.'

Ambrosio admitted she felt pressure to be thin when she first started modelling at 15.

She explained: 'In the beginning of my career I really felt the pressure to be thin - but one thing I always said was that if I had to stop eating to work then I would have to switch careers. Compromising my health to be a model was never an option for me.'

Alessandra Ambrosio seen during a photo shoot in St Barthelemy

Alessandra Ambrosio seen during a photo shoot in St Barthelemy

When she gave birth to her first child Anja in August 2008, it was only a few months before she was back modelling for Victoria's Secret again.

Ambrosio started her modelling career in her native Brazil as a teenager and went on to win the Elite Look Of The Year competition in 1996.

As well as Victoria's Secret, Ambrosio is well known in Britain as the former face of high street store Next.

Last year, she came number five in Forbes magazine's list of the highest paid supermodels in the world, taking home $6million.

No comments:

Post a Comment